Re: Any public port forwarding servers available ?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:04:22 +0000, Chuck wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see that capability in my SMC routers either (I've three at
various locations), but they're all somewhat aged at this point (two are
..11b).

The "virtual server" component - which is what does this type of port
fowarding - has the first three triples of the IP of the destination of
the forwarding "hardcoded" to the class C on the LAN side.

[And this makes me realize how stupid these boxes really are...assuming
that the LAN side must be a /24?]

Perhaps newer devices are smarter and more flexible?

- Andrew

  • Re: default page
    ... I have found that it will work anywhere on my lan by typing the IP address ... on the routers firewall and virtual server. ... > Bernard Cheah ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • limited sharing of file in group
    ... I'd like to control a program remotely through my wired ... lan AT WORK. ... But I don't know how to limit the sharing ... capability to just my computer and not the rest of the ...
  • Attaching a printer to the domain
    ... workgroups also on our LAN. ... It has the capability for "pushing" a scan from ... one user who is on the LAN, but not joined to the domain. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 2 Routers (4 port plus 4port w/wireless) home network
    ... IIRC The 2 SMC routers both have their DHCP disabled, ... it's LAN address changed to be included into the 5861's LAN's IP range and ... computers and share a printer on 1 computer!!! ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Does Wince 4.2 support Wake on LAN?
    ... capability for my device. ... Does Wince 4.2 support Wake on LAN?. ...