Re: Any public port forwarding servers available ?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:04:22 +0000, Chuck wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see that capability in my SMC routers either (I've three at
various locations), but they're all somewhat aged at this point (two are
..11b).

The "virtual server" component - which is what does this type of port
fowarding - has the first three triples of the IP of the destination of
the forwarding "hardcoded" to the class C on the LAN side.

[And this makes me realize how stupid these boxes really are...assuming
that the LAN side must be a /24?]

Perhaps newer devices are smarter and more flexible?

- Andrew

.