Re: Any public port forwarding servers available ?

mark wrote:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:15:35 +0000, Chuck wrote:
Do you have a computer at home with broadband? Run an ssh server
there. It's easier to set up than you might think. And it's also free.

You don't even need that. Your typical cheap home router can usually be
set to forward one WAN side port to another.

Mine won't (netgear wgr614). It only forwards WAN to LAN. To forward to
another machine outside my LAN I have to use some other port forwarding
mechanism. I was under the impression that that's how most home routers
worked. Maybe I'm wrong.

  • Re: SBS2003 Standard - how do you "port forward"?
    ... 'Basic Firewall' and there you apply port forwarding. ... Sorry I can' be more detailed but I'm in front of a server at the moment ... The server is configured w/ 2 NICs (i.e. LAN and WAN) and I need to forward a port for the WAN side to access an LAN side IP...since this is standard edition, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Req: Advice on Netgear Modem/Router
    ... The extra facility I need is port forwarding. ... The DG834G allows for open ports from WAN to LAN but not forwarding from one ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Req: Advice on Netgear Modem/Router
    ... The extra facility I need is port forwarding. ... The DG834G allows for open ports from WAN to LAN but not forwarding from one ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: OT: Port forwarding
    ... while and they may push you up past first level tech support. ... then a typical "home router" isn't a router. ... WAN/internet side to LAN side. ... There's no routing decision there. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Cannot connect to SQL client over VPN
    ... the port forwarding issue on your home router is just confusing your problems. ... make sure your client settings on SQL server are set to TCP/IP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)