Re: Is there a way to speed up and resume a SSH X forwarding session from a disconnection?

Richard E. Silverman <res@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
"ANTant" == ANTant <ANTant@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

ANTant> Interesting. I did briefly try it on LAN at home. It was a
ANTant> little slow even at 100mb/sec, but doable. I haven't tried it
ANTant> over the Internet nor configured the SSH encryption for
ANTant> it. How do I access my current X session? Right now I am at
ANTant> work, my X is running idled with its Xscreensaver running. How
ANTant> do I access that session instead of a new X session?

You would not do this with a "real" X server; you would use the VNC
"virtual" X server, which has a virtual display which you view with the
VNC client.

Ah. Rats. I was hoping to resume my current X session then. Is it possible to use this virtual X
server for locally then and use it again remotely?
--
"The men of experiment are like the ant; they only collect and use. But the bee...gathers its materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own." --Leonardo da Vinci
/\___/\
( )
.