Re: Any public port forwarding servers available ?

jonas.cord@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,

To explain my scenario here in brief --

I have my host behind a corporate firewall as part of the company
network. POP3 port is blocked by the firewall. To reach to my gmail POP
server -- I will need setup port forwarding on some external host
(outside the firewall and with direct access to internet).

From my local windows host -- I would generate the pop traffic on port
21 or 8080 (which will be allowed by my firewall) -- this pop traffic
will be targeted to the FORWARDING_SERVER -- which takes my pop traffic
and forwards it to the Gmail server on 995 port.

My question here is -- Are there any public FORWARDING_SERVERs
available ?

Free or priced. either is okay.

Thanks for any info.

Jonas

Do you have a computer at home with broadband? Run an ssh server there.
It's easier to set up than you might think. And it's also free.

  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: CEICW fails at firewall config
    ... ISA Server prevents connection to a remote desktop when you connect through ... Remote Web Workplace on a Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer ... Acceleration Server as a firewall. ... connection uses TCP port 4125. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... >> server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... > before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... > program or executable using that port. ...
  • Re: Activesync / Airsync - Alternative Ports
    ... Setup a reverse HTTP proxy. ... Another idea is to use the PPTP capabilities of a Windows Server to allow ... Satellite - Cisco Firewall - Exchange Server ... So on the server side you would configure the port 80 to redirect to ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Configuring SBS to allow Remote Access
    ... definitely will continue to host the website elsewhere as ... pointing to the SBS server. ... >Port 80 does not need to be opened just to use RRW. ... >else host your web site or but the web site on a ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)