Re: REPOST: SysLogFacility

JohnK wrote:
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:19:37 +0000, Chuck wrote:

Then man page for sshd_config lists all the possible values
SysLogFacility but doesn't detail what they do. Is that information
available somewhere?

Specifically I'm running CopSSH (Cygwin/OpenSSH) on a Windows
workstation. I want to log failed connection attempts to a file, not the
windows event system. How do I do it?

Thanks.

They specify what 'facility' or category the generated syslog entries are
sent as. It is a syslog thing. man syslog.conf for more info.

JohnK

I'm running the daemon in Cygwin as a service. By default
SysLogFacility is set to AUTH which sends the log to the windows event
system. I want it in an actual text file that I can analyze with a shell
script. Will one of those settings do that?

  • REPOST: SysLogFacility
    ... SysLogFacility but doesn't detail what they do. ... Specifically I'm running CopSSH (Cygwin/OpenSSH) on a Windows ... windows event system. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)