Re: SFTP and recursive putting?

"FB" == Franz Bettag <stylewarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

FB> Hi there, i want to put a whole folder with it's contents but this
FB> won't work because i always get: skipping non-regular file
FB> backup-data

FB> backup-data is the folder i want to put. Anyways in the Manpage of
FB> sftp it says that i can pass some flags:

FB> put [flags] local-path [remote-path] Upload local-path and store
FB> it on the remote machine. If the remote path name is not
FB> specified, it is given the same name it has on the local machine.
FB> If the -P flag is specified, then the file's full permission and
FB> access time are copied too.

FB> After reading the sourcecode it doesn't look like that someone
FB> intendet to do an "mput" function, there seems to be only this -P
FB> flag.

FB> Anyways, maybe i missunderstood or misread something, any ideas or
FB> solutions for that? :)

FB> Thanks!

rsync -e ssh

--
Richard Silverman
res@xxxxxxxx

  • SFTP and recursive putting?
    ... i want to put a whole folder with it's contents but this won't work because i always get: skipping non-regular file backup-data ... backup-data is the folder i want to put. ... Upload local-path and store it on the remote machine. ... After reading the sourcecode it doesn't look like that someone intendet to do an "mput" function, there seems to be only this -P flag. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SFTP and recursive putting?
    ... Richard E. Silverman schrieb: ... FB> backup-data is the folder i want to put. ... FB> it on the remote machine. ... FB> flag. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How do I get RID of the Windows Flag?
    ... Flag, maybe I could just DELETE the graphic. ... >> Explorer is the file manager with the double panes that shows files and ... and a folder has a single pane that shows one directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Event handler.
    ... I am planning to skip the event handling when I was adding something to ... the folder in my STA thread. ... My plan is by setting a flag, ... when the thread is adding something in the folder ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)
  • Re: "Read Only Recommended": how to apply it to several files?
    ... You can use a macro to loop through all of the files in the folder and set this option, however, it will also change the last saved date if that's ... For help with the macro you may want to check with the Word VBA group and see if anyone there has some sample code you can modify. ... > files are there without this flag, and some users sometimes forget to> apply ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)