Re: REPOST: SysLogFacility

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:19:37 +0000, Chuck wrote:

Then man page for sshd_config lists all the possible values
SysLogFacility but doesn't detail what they do. Is that information
available somewhere?

Specifically I'm running CopSSH (Cygwin/OpenSSH) on a Windows
workstation. I want to log failed connection attempts to a file, not the
windows event system. How do I do it?

Thanks.

They specify what 'facility' or category the generated syslog entries are
sent as. It is a syslog thing. man syslog.conf for more info.

JohnK

  • RE: Prelude/OSSIM/OpenSIMS/OSSEC
    ... support Windows, I will probably use Osiris. ... For the UNIX/Linux servers, I would do remote syslogging to a syslog ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: syslog client for BSD.
    ... | I want to send windows system log data to a remote BSD log server, ... my BSD log server is receiving ... | syslog data from other non-windows device perfectly. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: W2k Event Log - IP Address
    ... syslog client like www.kiwi-enterprises.com can do this for starting around ... $70 US] and use that to match up with your windows logs. ... failed login event entry from Windows in the Syslog event log. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Need to implemet Syslog server
    ... >On my network I need to implement a Syslog server ... Pretty much everything but Windows will ... likely talk to syslog if told to, ... A great many other managed network devices support syslogging, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Setting up a honeypot on my home network...
    ... I think syslog is usually used for this. ... windows NT, 2000 or XP, there is a utility to send all windows event logs to ... I assume you searched google for something like "honeypot free software." ... I'm not sure an attack would look exactly like a real attack, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)