Re: X11 display forwarding

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:10:41 -0400, Richard E. Silverman wrote:
Chained forwarding is always a pain, for several reasons, and also
less secure since the intermediate system is a MITM. You'll usually
do better with a direct SSH session. If you have something like
netcat (nc) on the firewall, then try this:

ssh -X -o proxycommand="ssh -qax myfirewall.mydom.com nc %h %p"
otherhost.mydom.com

Richard, over the years I have gleaned some tremendous ssh tips from
your posts here. Now thanks for the one above, it works a treat for my
situation and is neater than the more awkward piggyback I have been
using till now.

Thanks again.

.