Re: how to use sudo in combination with GUI scp tool

thanks for the effort Richard but if we allow the users to access the
system using the shared account, we lose tracebility (we do not see any
more which user logged in and did what). We are obliged in near future
to login with our own personal account, shared accounts will be
"locked" soon.
Actually, I already use for myself ssh authentication with
private/public key. Works fine. But I need a sftp/scp tool where users
login with their own account and then can do a sudo to the shared
account (after giving the sudo password of their own account).

  • Re: Security Message When Accessing SentOnBehalfOfName
    ... Keep your Outlook categories organized! ... shared account). ... When I send messages from the shared account the ... message is stored in "Sent Items" of my personal account. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Security Message When Accessing SentOnBehalfOfName
    ... shared account). ... When I send messages from the shared account the ... message is stored in "Sent Items" of my personal account. ... All three PCs are Outlook 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: from field when sending email
    ... You need to clarify what you mean by shared account. ... "Dr Mark Levy" wrote in message ... >I use a broadband email service at home shared with a few users. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: how to use sudo in combination with GUI scp tool
    ... 2BILD> thanks for the effort Richard but if we allow the users to ... 2BILD> access the system using the shared account, ... You also get that with sudo. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Weakness introduced by denying remote logins on AIX, possibly others
    ... AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1, ... is possible to remotely enumerate the passwords of a known AIX account. ... believed to be in the response from the login program after authentication ... Give accounts that have been restricted from remote logins strong passwords. ...
    (Security-Basics)