Re: SSHD Banners and rsync

Dave Hammond schrieb:
I've searched for relevant topics and found a few on point. However,
of the recommendations, "ssh -q" doesn't supress the banner printing
and while redirecting stderr to /dev/null does supress the banner, it
also supresses any legitimate error messages.

Is there a way to configure SSHD to only display the banner for
interactive sessions (those without a command specified on the command
line), or to configure SSHD to not display the banner for certain
subnets (we only do rsync within our internal network).

on solaris you can disable the banner within the sshd_config and this does not suppress the banner in interactive sessions as this is done by the shell or login prozess when it is configured by /etc/default/login.

  • SSHD Banners and rsync
    ... and while redirecting stderr to /dev/null does supress the banner, ... or to configure SSHD to not display the banner for certain ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSHD Banners and rsync
    ... and while redirecting stderr to /dev/null does supress the banner, ... Iin OpenSSH, ssh -q suppressing the SSH2 protocol banner is version ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: .ssh/config equivalent of -q ?
    ... One way that may work to supress the banner on the ssh client-side is to ... take advantage of the fact that the client sends the banner to stderr. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Is this a special relativity effect?
    ... The time difference is that *sometimes* the satellite reciever ... Select and display any SKY news channel. ... Repeat pressing OK twice and the time on the banner will be ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Useable screen size
    ... The maximum number of records you can display, ... In my approach I do not need to correct for banner or nav pane, ... In the StartupForm all necessary functionality is available to ... so I do not need the nav pane. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)