Re: Rsync problem

Chuck schrieb:

Are you using public key authentication, and if do, did the
authorized_keys file get deleted or overwritten when the server was updated.

The server was replaced by an other (new ip as well). authorized_keys files of the old server are worthless and lost.

On the new server public key authentication seems to be disabled.
I've tried to use public key authentication with Putty my SSH Secure Client. But the only auth method which seems to work is keyboard-interactive.

Thats why i'm use ssh as follows:
ssh2 -oallowedauthentications=keyboard-interactive

When i use plink.exe also keyboard-interactive is used (with no need for an extra command line option).

Greetings,
Bernd

===============

C:\rsync>plink user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Using username "user".
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
Linux viffs1 2.6.8-2-386 #1 Mon Jan 24 03:01:58 EST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.

Last login: Wed Feb 22 14:02:40 2006 from abc.abc.abc.abc
user@server:~$

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] targetted SSH bruteforce attacks
    ... does public key authentication make you more secure (in a practical ... directly to any server you log in to. ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Bad passphrase with public key authentication
    ... I'm setting up my server to use public key authentication. ... I'm using my macbook as a client and my ubuntu server for the ssh server. ... When at first I didn't succeed to make a connection I tried to connect from my server to my macbook. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH: force password authentication
    ... > server to run an automated backup job. ... > close the ssh connection, ... client in the default location for the client identity. ... Or just disable public key authentication. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • [OT] ssh remote command execution without public keys.
    ... I have ssh access to a server where public key authentication is not ... I want access information on from a cron script on ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Why are companys not certifying Debian?
    ... This is the response I got from IBM in India... ... certifying Debian GNU/Linux on their servers? ... RFQ for an 1U IBM Server ...
    (Debian-User)