Re: Password that contains !

Chuck <skilover_nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
A friend of mine is using password authentication with ssh and his
password ends with an "!" (exclamation mark). He accidentally left it of
but ssh still authenticated him. So I tried adding an ! when prompted
for my password and it authenticated me too, even though there is no !
in my password. Is this a bug?

Hmm.. could it be that the exclamation mark is the 9th character
in your password? If so, this'd mean the system is configured with
a password store that supports only 8-character passwords.
--
Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland