Re: OpenSSH sftp vs F-Secure sftp

Hi Wing,

ssh-agent is an authentication agent where as sftp is a secure file
transfer program. the suite of tools called OpenSSH which includes
the two forementioned as well as others. go to
http://openssh.org/faq.html#1.1 for more info.

sauwing.wong@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,

Could anyone enlighten me on what the difference between OpenSSH sftp
and F-Secure sftp is?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Wing

  • Re: Does OpenSSH use RCP?
    ... > with someone about the difference between OpenSSH and SFTP. ... > SFTP) than SCP will fail. ... OpenSSH uses an implementation that is compatible to the original SSH ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Another bug in SSH in FreeBSD 8.4 (sftp cannot create relative symlinks)
    ... Beside my previous complaint about sshd not starting after upgrade from FreeBSD 8.3 to 8.4 due to incompatible change in parsing sshd_config with empty VersionAddendum, there is another more serious bug in newly imported SSH in base which I am not able to fix / workaround. ... OpenSSH 6.1 is creating broken symlinks with sftp command on OpenSSH 5.4 server with chrooted account. ... The sftp command used for creating the symlink is: ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: sftp server with speed throttling
    ... configuration work or pass sftp traffic through PF and throttle it ... Only OpenSSH alternative I use sometimes is ... would like to use SSH for the connections, as opposed to FTP, but I ... directives to chroot the groupand/or userthat are to have ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • OpenSSH: sftp & bypassing keypair auth restrictions
    ... Subject: OpenSSH: sftp & bypassing keypair auth restrictions ... *not* possible to prevent the client from using the sftp subsystem. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Putty psftp connection problem...
    ... here is the original message I sent to the openssh and putty ... A customer of mine reported that sftp didn't work for them. ... On the unix system the sshd reports the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)