Re: port forwarding and secured connection

Yes, I agree with you, but that does not answer to my question.

I can connect with ssh, when listening to port, it is unreadable.
That's correct.
The problem is I can see login and password between C and D when
listening to port.

But when using forwarding, from a telnet for example, it is never
unreadable.
What's the problem?

Richard E. Silverman wrote:

> titeuf> Thanks for your answer. I reformulate my questions : 1/is the
> titeuf> connection between B and C secured (I mean encapsuled by ssh)?
> titeuf> 2/is it secured in the two ways (B => C and C=>B)?
>
> titeuf> If answer to question 1/ is yes (should be), then why do I see
> titeuf> TCP between B and C when I listen to ports? Is it a problem in
> titeuf> config file, ssh version, ...?
>
> Like most connection-oriented Internet protocols, SSH is carried in a TCP
> connection.
>
> --
> Richard Silverman
> res@xxxxxxxx

  • Re: port forwarding and secured connection
    ... I listened on the bad port, ssh uses an auxiliary port to send the ... >>> I can connect with ssh, when listening to port, it is unreadable. ... First, an SSH port forwarding ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh security
    ... > It looks like i'm getting a dictionary attack on my system. ... port if it is not directly associated with ssh protocol. ... Here's a box listening on 22: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ssh over http proxy... the good ol story
    ... However, I only can access PORT 80 from work, so I ... > well and he's listening on port 80. ... Here are the commands you'd need to do at work (using ssh) ... The tunnel ends are at home and at your local machine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Remote ssh tunnel in background or script?
    ... See man 1 ssh for more details. ... SMTP OVER SSH TUNNEL FREEBSD ... to open the tunnel on the "localname" side on port 24 (a privileged ... I've got Sendmail listening there on 52525, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
    ... Then on Screen1 (which is now ssh'd into the Server, ... There is nothing actually running on port 9546 of the ... connection failed because nothing was listening on that port on the ... I am trying to tunnel smb over ssh by redireting port 445 over ...
    (comp.security.ssh)