Re: Controlling a second machine on the same desk

2005-12-28, Responding to Richard E. Silverman...

> VNC, or a hardware KVM switch?

They are options, but I was hoping to avoid adding more
hardware, or loading up on more software, just to save
having to swivel to another keyboard that takes up more
deskspace.

I suppose the general logic would be that if you're going to
use a remote control mechanism like ssh, you may as well use
just the client monitor as well. I'd like to leave the
internet machine's display on the internet machine.

I was thinking that if I can run apps from the internet
machine on the offline machine, why not just remote control
the internet machine via ssh? Or is this beyond the
design/function of ssh maybe?

Mike@xxxx
--
----
* MikesBrain+WebStuff @ http://tinyurl.com/5ayqt

  • Re: Controlling a second machine on the same desk
    ... or a hardware KVM switch? ... >use a remote control mechanism like ssh, ... >internet machine's display on the internet machine. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Controlling a second machine on the same desk
    ... >I can find plenty of stuff on presenting a remote desktop or ... and the other is nailed down apart from an ssh ... >connection to the internet machine. ... >the other machine's keyboard/mouse remotely. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Controlling a second machine on the same desk
    ... I can find plenty of stuff on presenting a remote desktop or ... and the other is nailed down apart from an ssh ... connection to the internet machine. ... keyboard/mouse can control both. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)