port forwarding (listen IP, not localhost)?

Here is my forward
ssh -L 5055:10.5.8.230:23 keng@hera

This puts localhost port 5055 right into port 23 on hera. I can connect to localhost and get to port 23 on 10.5.8.230 no problem. Is there a way that I can make port 5055 available to the internal IP address, so telnetting to port 5055 on the server I'm running this command from? The IP of this server is 10.5.12.201, which is firewalled by hera. I want to do this:

telnet 10.5.12.201 5055

which would put me into port 23 on 10.5.8.230

Is this possible?

TIA!

  • Re: port forwarding (listen IP, not localhost)?
    ... Ken> This puts localhost port 5055 right into port 23 on hera. ... so telnetting to port 5055 on the server ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: Some technical errors
    ... If the SMTP server is not running on port 25 TCP it is not a public ... Manager - Computer Assurance Services BDO Chartered Accountants & ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Managing "capabilities" for security
    ... default tickets are held by the kernel and can be chosen by the parent ... The default ticket for any particular call is assumed unless the ... than to check that the server address on the ticket is good. ... the kernel had to invoke the RPC if the service port IN YOUR ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: SRV RRs support in Internet Explorer?
    ... The port number could be implicit (i.e. ... At any point in time, a server could fail ... can't effectively LB or backup because NSs cache the records for the TTL ... I still don't see how SRV records would help backup or LB. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... I get 'cannot find server or dns error' on both ... TCP [port number]> to open the ports. ... As for error messages when I fail to access RWW with the laptop, ... network, no connection seems possible. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)