gssapi-with-mic on Mac OS X Panther or Tiger

From: Kevin J Kalupson (kjk137_at_kevinkal.com)
Date: 10/13/05

    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:25:10 -0400

    Has anyone been successful in building a client capable of
    authenticating to sshd via gssapi-with-mic on OS X?

    I've can do it on a linux but have tried to build on os x and the auth
    fails. My config files are correct, or at least the same as on the
    linux box but fails everytime.

    I've tried building the latest stable and also from the source for the
    debian package ssh-krb5 but just can't seem to get it.

    What options do I need to pass when building on a *nix box in general?
    I am also unclear as to whether the newest openssh source has to be
    patched or not. I've also tried applying the vintela diff patch to
    source and building.

    All of my builds work in the sense that I can connect to servers and
    login with userid and password, but it is the gssapi-with-mic method I
    am looking for. The native panther ssh does gssapi, but I understand
    that gssapi has potential for a mitm attack. Any help is greatly
    appreciated.

    -Kevin

    • sshd GSSAPIAuthentication broken after 8.0-BETA1 upgrade
      ... I use GSSAPI as the primary authentication ... method for sshd on that server. ... debug3: monitor_read: checking request 37 ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • OpenSSH 4.2p1 GSSAPI problem
      ... MIT Kerberos utilities all check out, I can get TGTs just fine, ... All GSSAPI and Kerberos options are ... I noticed that the SSH client is getting ... sshd debug dumps don't show anything relevant. ...
      (SSH)