Re: execute ssh in a html page !!! Sorry if this is not the right group !!!

From: Todd H. (comphelp_at_toddh.net)
Date: 10/03/05

    Date: 03 Oct 2005 16:51:51 -0500

    "BN" <bnsarma@gmail.com> writes:
    > Greetings Todd,
    >
    > Thank you for the reply.
    > This is a company internal site, outsiders cannot access.
    > We have lot of servers, I feel doing this will be easy for new guys and
    > on-call guys who take the call odd hours, they dont have to look for
    > server details .
    > As a standard we use Fsecure from all the PCs. so ssh2 and ssh from my
    > windows/dos platform works fine, and I assume its going to be the same
    > for the rest of the guys in our group.
    >
    > When I add the following in the html page:

    > Helvetica">
    >
    > I get page cannot be displayed - Error
    >
    > Dont know where I am going wrong.

    to configure ssh:// as a protocol to be handled by the browser to and
    off to the client. I'm not sure if it's even possible. In all
    likelihood, it's not something Fsecure supports.

    I think your time would be better spent on creating a file(s) that can
    be imported into Fsecure's ssh client:

            See section 3.3 here on how to import profiles:
            http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/manuals/docs/manual/sshwin/enu/ssh5.pdf

    If you absolutely must have it be point and click from a web page,
    then look into MindTerm the Java ssh client, but then you aren't
    leveraging your investment in Fsecure's client.

    Best Regards,

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/