Re: Using plink to reverse forward connection

From: Ben Harris (bjharris_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 10/01/05

    Date: 01 Oct 2005 12:39:40 +0100 (BST)

    In article <1128030985.643928.141370@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    Juan Jose Costello Levien <jclevien@gmail.com> wrote:
    >The command I wrote for achieving this was:
    >
    >plink -ssh -R 49687:localhost:5900 user@server
    >
    >in order to connect to the client machine by simply typing in the
    >server:
    >
    >vncviewer localhost:49687

    As I understand it, vncviewer takes a VNC display number as an argument, not
    a port number. Try

    vncviewer localhost:43787

    --
    Ben Harris

    • Re: [opensuse] Printer cups, pam and samba authentication problems
      ... Your suggestion to try printing from a command line, on a client machine resulted in a very similar behavior to what I got when using the KDE manager to test the printer. ... The lp command defaults to sending in the logged in users id to the CUPs server and it then prompts for the password. ... Now I KNOW I was sending the right password because I have to use it in order to log in to the CUPS server machine in the first place! ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Using prnmngr to push printer to all users
      ... I created a batch file for each printer and created a script to copy ... the command via a logon script. ... Adds a per-machine connection to the client machine. ... pushing a printer to a test workstation using my own credentials ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: Using prnmngr to push printer to all users
      ... One note for anyone using this command. ... Adds a per-machine connection to the client machine. ... I have been successful pushing a printer to a test workstation ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: Using prnmngr to push printer to all users
      ... Have the users run the command via a logon script. ... Mbordelon wrote: ... A per-machine connection is a printer configured to be accessible by all users of the client machine. ... I have been successful pushing a printer to a test workstation using my own credentials but, it only shows up under my profile. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • RE: Fax delivery notifications not working
      ... Can you do a test net send command from the server to a client machine? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)