Re: PuTTY 0.58 fails to Cisco CatOS Switch ssh

From: Ben Harris (bjharris_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 09/30/05

Date: 30 Sep 2005 16:03:46 +0100 (BST)

In article <1128081670.894604.98860@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
fixit <fixit9660@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>Using the default settings of PuTTY 0.58 fails after authenticating on
>a Cisco CatOS 6509 Switch. Using PuTTY 0.55 works fine by default.
>Setting PuTTY 0.58 to ssh v1 only works fine. Is there a problem with
>PuTTY 0.58 ssh2? What are the differences between the default settings
>of pUtty 0.55 AND 0.58? (Win XP Pro Sp1 to cat6000-sup2k9.8-4-4.bin on
>WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE.)

A quick glance through the change list doesn't suggest that there's
anything substantial that's changed in that period. Could you send
<putty@projects.tartarus.org> an SSH packet log of a connection with
each of 0.55 and 0.58 so that we can try to work out what's changed?

--
Ben Harris

Relevant Pages

  • Putty Problem On Particular Machine
    ... Putty Binary Fails On Lone Machine ... RSA fingerprints match those displayed by PuTTY on a workign machine. ... Putty sends the encrypted session key, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: PuTTY 0.58 fails to Cisco CatOS Switch ssh
    ... > Using the default settings of PuTTY 0.58 fails after authenticating on ... Haven't worked with a CatOS switch in a while, ... settings might be the culprit. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)