How to run a command after logging using a SFTP client..

sukhmeet_at_gmail.com
Date: 09/26/05

    Date: 26 Sep 2005 07:54:13 -0700

    Hi,
      I am using ultraedit to edit unix files using SFTP. Previously i was
    able to access the files on the server smoothly using a generic account
    which is shared among different users. Now since my comp has installed
    an additonal layer of seurity due to which i have to first login using
    my personal account to the unix shell after that i need to do sudo su -
    [ generic account username]
    .
      The prolem is now that if a login using ultraedit i am not able to
    edit the files since after doing sudo su ... the files are created
    having owner as the
    genrice account username. Using ultraedit i am only able to login to my
    personal account.
      Is there any way i can fire the command sudo su after logging in
    using SFTP

    Thanks
      Sukhmeet

    • Re: sftp-server
      ... "no-login" account; if you had, it wouldn't do you much good. ... for its peer to begin speaking the sftp protocol. ... clients generally start the server using an SSH-2 subsystem request, ... you'd configure the SSH server to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: creating ftp users!
      ... > Doing what you suggest, I can sftp to the account, but when I do ssh to ... > that account, I get the regular login message but no prompt. ... > It somehow blocks ssh login indeed, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: creating ftp users!
      ... > Doing what you suggest, I can sftp to the account, but when I do ssh to ... > that account, I get the regular login message but no prompt. ... > It somehow blocks ssh login indeed, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: chroot and access to directory OTHER than users home directory.....
      ... I need to allow multiple users (users connecting from different ... If I use OpenSSH with chroot and a single account "dropaccount", ... all users can access that account via sftp given the appropriate setup ... Look into group access. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Delegates do not work
      ... If we add the generic account to Entourage (OS 10.4.x and Office 11.2.x ... accounts mailbox and then adding them to Entourage via Delegation ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)