Re: Known hosts file and host with multiple SSH ports

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (
Date: 07/26/05

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:53:58 -0400

"Darren Tucker" <> wrote in message
> On 2005-07-26, Jochen Wiedmann <> wrote:
>> This works fine, in general, with one exception: Whenever I switch
>> from one port to the other, then the SSH client claims, that the
>> servers key has changed, because the known hosts file contains the
>> entry, which was created while accessing the other port.
>> Are there any suggestions, other than editing the known hosts file,
>> whenever required?
> $ man ssh_config
> [...]
> HostKeyAlias
> Specifies an alias that should be used instead of the real host
> name when looking up or saving the host key in the host key
> database files. This option is useful for tunneling ssh connec-
> tions or for multiple servers running on a single host.

I'm not sure Putty or the other GUI Windows clients support this, or support
it well.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: netstat finds something strange?
    ... It did turn out to be the hosts file which I had just downloaded and ... > should have your PC name as the name listening on each different port. ... >>> What the heck kind of virus or trojan does this. ...
  • Re: Remote desktop behind ICS?
    ... > have a hosts file on each of my desktop PCs and my laptop. ... > TCP Port 443 open on the firewall. ... didn't thougt of changing remote desktop port number... ...
  • Re: Small web server and DNS
    ... >router passes requests through to which is our web server. ... We'll use a HOSTS file entry ... adrress for the site is, TCP Port 80. ... Adding the identities, use the same IP address and port fo all the ...
  • Re: netstat finds something strange?
    ... and your anti-hacking hosts file resolves that as ... so that's how Netstat displays it. ... >> should have your PC name as the name listening on each different port. ...
  • Re: cwshredder hosed my system
    ... > entries in your hosts file, if you know the ip address of what you're ... >> ran cwshredder on an xp home machine and now i cant ping by name, ... >> telnet to hosts etc. it's as if no port traffic is allowed. ...