Re: Host based authentication and /etc/hosts.equiv

From: Richard E. Silverman (res_at_qoxp.net)
Date: 07/14/05

Date: 14 Jul 2005 10:53:20 -0400

>>>>> "MS" == mike salehi@gmail com <mike.salehi@gmail.com> writes:

    MS> What do you mean by authenticate,

In hostbased authentication, the server authenticates the client host's
identity by means of its host key.

    MS> I can do the foward and reverse resolution through DNS.

Whether you can "do" it is not the issue; it's whether the results match
what's needed for hostbased authentication. Read the link I sent you and
check the details as described.

    MS> I do not see anything in the syslog output that is bad either.

Then run the server in debug mode. It's rejecting the connection; find
out why instead of just guessing.

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net