Re: ssh -b bind_address not working?

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_gate.dodgy.net.au)
Date: 07/06/05

    Date: 06 Jul 2005 09:52:09 GMT

    On 2005-07-01, Richard E. Silverman <res@qoxp.net> wrote:
    > Good. But how about, "The address must be one assigned to a network
    > interface on the host." I don't think the distinction between and
    > "real interface" and an "alias interface" is relevant here.

    This has now been change to the following:

      -b bind_address
          Use bind_address on the local machine as the source address of
          the connection. Only useful on systems with more than one address.

    Hopefully this will be clearer for folks in future.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Solaris 10 Source Routing #12 Volume 4, Issue 14 Response
      ... Seeing if there is a host based solution for my Sol 10 host "Server A". ... default router via the ce0 interface. ... Add a route for the 172.n network bound to that interface using the -ifp ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Follow up Question Was: Re: Virtal Machine preferences?
      ... system that filters data from your physical network adapter. ... effectively creating a new network interface in software. ... When a guest ... is using such a new software interface, it looks to the host system as ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: interface issue ???
      ... suspect you need to spend some time reading the 'Linux Network Administrator's ... >Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface ... to interface X that can forward packets to the world. ... be a host address as well with some OS), and the highest is called the ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: Unusual use of ssh
      ... I have a class C network with a T1 to the internet. ... I can ping any of the access points from that host just fine. ... have established a pass through port in the DSL router for SSH that sends ... The problem is that it does not respond on the right interface. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Unusual use of ssh
      ... I have a class C network with a T1 to the internet. ... router for SSH that sends the packets to that host. ... Thats where the sshd responses are being sent. ... I need sshd to respond on the same interface it receives the ...
      (freebsd-questions)