Re: ssh -b bind_address not working?

From: Darren Tucker (
Date: 07/06/05

    Date: 06 Jul 2005 09:52:09 GMT

    On 2005-07-01, Richard E. Silverman <> wrote:
    > Good. But how about, "The address must be one assigned to a network
    > interface on the host." I don't think the distinction between and
    > "real interface" and an "alias interface" is relevant here.

    This has now been change to the following:

      -b bind_address
          Use bind_address on the local machine as the source address of
          the connection. Only useful on systems with more than one address.

    Hopefully this will be clearer for folks in future.

    Darren Tucker (dtucker at
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Solaris 10 Source Routing #12 Volume 4, Issue 14 Response
      ... Seeing if there is a host based solution for my Sol 10 host "Server A". ... default router via the ce0 interface. ... Add a route for the 172.n network bound to that interface using the -ifp ...
    • Re: Follow up Question Was: Re: Virtal Machine preferences?
      ... system that filters data from your physical network adapter. ... effectively creating a new network interface in software. ... When a guest ... is using such a new software interface, it looks to the host system as ...
    • Re: interface issue ???
      ... suspect you need to spend some time reading the 'Linux Network Administrator's ... >Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface ... to interface X that can forward packets to the world. ... be a host address as well with some OS), and the highest is called the ...
    • Re: Unusual use of ssh
      ... I have a class C network with a T1 to the internet. ... I can ping any of the access points from that host just fine. ... have established a pass through port in the DSL router for SSH that sends ... The problem is that it does not respond on the right interface. ...
    • Re: Unusual use of ssh
      ... I have a class C network with a T1 to the internet. ... router for SSH that sends the packets to that host. ... Thats where the sshd responses are being sent. ... I need sshd to respond on the same interface it receives the ...