Re: possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection

From: Richard E. Silverman (res_at_qoxp.net)
Date: 07/01/05

Date: 30 Jun 2005 21:39:00 -0400

    BB> *) For my application a mirror program like rsync would even
    BB> better fit my requirement than a sync program. Unfortunatly i
    BB> didn't succed using rsync with ssh tunneling. (see also my tries
    BB> below) The problem I suppose is, that rsync has to run as a deamon
    BB> on the server as well. Is this correct?

No; rsync simply runs another copy of rsync on the other end to talk to
(in the same style as scp, rcp, etc.).

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating lots of folders on ftp server
    ... This may not fit your use case, but it might be easier and faster to ... create the directory structure locally and rsync it to the server. ... twitter: @hassan ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection
    ... > BB> better fit my requirement than a sync program. ... > BB> didn't succed using rsync with ssh tunneling. ... "-e ssh" the default with current versions of rsync. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)