Re: scp with chroot

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_comcast.net)
Date: 06/26/05

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:15:41 -0400

"David Magda" <dmagda+trace050401@ee.ryerson.ca> wrote in message
news:m2r7eq89gl.fsf@gandalf.local...
> shpot4@yahoo.com writes:
>
>> Has anyone implemented scp with chroot-ing a user? If so, could you
>> please explain or point me to some instructions which I may follow?
>> I'm using OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004.
>
> Depending on your setup, you can replace the shell of the person
> logging in with one of the following two programs:
>
> http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/
> http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/index.shtml

Or dig around on sourceforge.net for openssh and chroot. It takes some
setup, and is better off done by tweaking the SSH server to actually support
chroot accounts.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: scp with chroot
    ... > please explain or point me to some instructions which I may follow? ... Depending on your setup, you can replace the shell of the person ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Wanted Please: cupsd.conf file
    ... >> the CUPS documentation is appallingly, unbelievably, bad, ... > the shell in a loop instead of going through some click-wizard ... So perhaps 3-10 minutes to setup the small ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Custom Shell Running Twice On Boot
    ... I replaced my shell with notepad and got 2 instances of it. ... Silent DX9.0c + managed extensions setup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Repost: Raising main trunk
    ... Edwin, I don't understand what you mean when you write 'shorten the duct ... Depending on the setup, possibly an "S" turned ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: [opensuse] KDE accessibility. was Bye bye SuSE?
    ... side depending on your choice of setup). ... full screen modekinda eliminates the need, but AFAIK, not all ... apps offer that. ...
    (SuSE)