Re: Failed Login to Only Spit Out message after 3 Failed Tries

From: all mail refused (elvis-45987_at_notatla.org.uk)
Date: 06/22/05

Date: 22 Jun 2005 21:33:13 GMT

On 2005-06-22, Spook <spectre@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Too bad OpenSsh didn't apply that functionality. I standardized all my
> servers to using OpenSSh. Now to satisfy Sarbanes I have to use the

If you have Solaris 9 I suggest using the SSH version that comes with it
(derived from OpenSSH). On Solaris 8 I'd suggest a recent version of OpenSSH.

Am I missing something - what does Sarbanes have to say about locking
user accounts ?

--
Elvis Notargiacomo  master AT barefaced DOT cheek
http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Upgrading OpenSSH
    ... >>How would you go about upgrading OpenSSH on over 400 servers? ... >>did that with an install script I wrote one by one. ... We are mostly Sun Solaris shop with some HP's AIX and of course Linux. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • scp problem after openssh upgrade on solaris 7
    ... I'm in a process of upgrading openssh daemon for multiple solaris 7 servers. ...
    (SSH)
  • not be logged out when I am forced to change password
    ... Me and my colleagues manage near 250 solaris 8&9 servers with openSSH ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Logging SSH on Solaris
    ... Yes, OpenSSH was installed locally on all our servers, Solaris 8 and ... Solaris 9, and with the configuration file configured consistently ... Solaris 9 servers are the only ones logging the SSH connections to the ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: OpenSSH Password Aging/Expiration on UW2.1.3
    ... Try using gcc compiler. ... >difficulties with UnixWare and not Solaris. ... >> Look at the thread 'OpenSSH and forced password change' ... >>> When user bob attempts to login, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)