Re: Keeping SSH connections open

From: Augustus SFX van Dusen (ASFXvD_at_story.net)
Date: 06/16/05

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:54:21 GMT

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:18:23 +0000, Darren Dunham wrote:

> Augustus SFX van Dusen <ASFXvD@story.net> wrote:
>>> That would be my first attempt at it. Does the SSH server remain in
>>> place on A during that time?
>
>> Yes. A is running all the time, and so is the SSH server sshd in that
>> box.
>
> I don't mean the parent ssh (the one started at boot), I mean the child
> server. The one that is directly communicating with B. If that dies
> during the suspension, it points to the server closing things down.
>
> Discovering exactly how long it remains up would be helpful.

        OK, I suspended box B, and the sshd processes in A associated with ssh
connections started in B died after less than 40 minutes, but after more
than 2 minutes. Whatever the actual value, it anyway is much lower than it
should be, if the

        KeepAlive no
        ClientAliveInterval 60
        ClientAliveCountMax 600

lines in the sshd configuration file on A did what one would have expected.

        So, what am I doing wrong?