Re: Keeping SSH connections open

From: Augustus SFX van Dusen (ASFXvD_at_story.net)
Date: 06/16/05

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:54:21 GMT

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:18:23 +0000, Darren Dunham wrote:

> Augustus SFX van Dusen <ASFXvD@story.net> wrote:
>>> That would be my first attempt at it. Does the SSH server remain in
>>> place on A during that time?
>
>> Yes. A is running all the time, and so is the SSH server sshd in that
>> box.
>
> I don't mean the parent ssh (the one started at boot), I mean the child
> server. The one that is directly communicating with B. If that dies
> during the suspension, it points to the server closing things down.
>
> Discovering exactly how long it remains up would be helpful.

        OK, I suspended box B, and the sshd processes in A associated with ssh
connections started in B died after less than 40 minutes, but after more
than 2 minutes. Whatever the actual value, it anyway is much lower than it
should be, if the

        KeepAlive no
        ClientAliveInterval 60
        ClientAliveCountMax 600

lines in the sshd configuration file on A did what one would have expected.

        So, what am I doing wrong?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Backup fails suspect VSS problem
    ... Will reboot and run a backup tonight and see what happens. ... The problem I have now is that the server appears to the customer to ... I don't even try to boot after swapping a motherboard. ... Could not access portions of directory System State\COM+ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Replication Headache - Urgent please Assist!
    ... 1.Manually created a delegation for the child domain on our root server DNS ...
  • Re: RIS, same GUID, duplicates, Dell GX60s
    ... My first thought is the boot agent on the nic needs to be updated. ... these nics part of the motherboard or pci devices? ... It has to be run from a server and a floppy is created ... the nic drivers are not entirely correct, update the drivers in your RIS ...
  • Re: Backup fails suspect VSS problem
    ... System State can be backed-up on its own fine! ... Kerry Brown ... The problem I have now is that the server appears to the customer to be ... I don't even try to boot after swapping a motherboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Backup fails suspect VSS problem
    ... I suspect this has something to do with VSS because after a failed backup ... The problem I have now is that the server appears to the customer to be ... I don't even try to boot after swapping a motherboard. ... Could not access portions of directory System State\COM+ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)