Re: Setting up tunnel across multiple systems?

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 06/12/05

    Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:23:15 +0200

    In comp.security.ssh Hemant Shah <shah@typhoon.xnet.com>:
    > While stranded on information super highway Richard E. Silverman wrote:
    >>
    >> A$ ssh -tA B ssh C
    >>
    >> A$ ssh -oProxyCommand="ssh -qax B nc C 22" C
    >>
    >> A$ ssh -f -L1234:C:22 B
    >> A$ ssh -p 1234 -ohostkeyalias=C localhost

    > I am new to ssh. Where can I get more information on the above options.
    > When I do man on ssh on my system it does not mention "-t" or "-q" option.

    Strange, IIRC those options are explained in any (open)ssh man
    pages I know about.

    If you are serious about ssh, I'd strongly recommend getting the
    ssh "bible" "SSH, the secure shell - the definite guide", the guy
    whom you replied is one of the authors.

    The second edition is just out (amazon/O'Reilly or so), got it a
    few days ago, had to wait for nearly two month after it was
    announced in this ng.

    Haven't read much, seems to cover lots more about ssh protocol
    version 2, then the first edition did.

    So make sure if you order it, that you get the second edition.
    It got a place next to the first edition on my bookshelf.;)

    [..]

    Good luck

    #bofh excuse 69: knot in cables caused data stream to become
    twisted and kinked

    • Re: Setting up tunnel across multiple systems?
      ... While stranded on information super highway Michael Heiming wrote: ... >> I am new to ssh. ... then the first edition did. ... > So make sure if you order it, that you get the second edition. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Moving from Python 2 to Python 3: A 4 page "cheat sheet"
      ... the second edition should have a much longer ... the first edition, so I have less of a problem starting in the 2nd ... rights, which is as dangerous as working with root rights on other OSes ... Anyway, thanks for writing IMO a very good book, and I *am* happy with a ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: The Art of Prolog -- 1986 vs. 1994
      ... > Prolog", since I can get it for about one-tenth the price. ... Minor grousing about the second edition: ... - the second edition's binding seems weak; the first edition is ... continuously from back to binding to front. ...
      (comp.lang.prolog)
    • Re: Predator/prey ratios (Was: Carnivorous Races)
      ... There were only 3 alignments and 3 character classes IIRC. ... I don't remember ANY alignments in the first edition -- I ... thought that was one of the big changes in the second edition. ... "Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: A VERY positive review of 4E
      ... AD&D Second Edition, so there is no need to change anything. ... directly into a 2e game either. ... as far as TSR is concerned, anything you liked in First Edition is ... In other words, you COULD just plop any AD&D character into an AD&D Second Edition game, and it would work. ...
      (rec.games.frp.dnd)