ssh port forwarding for telnet does not work?
Date: 06/10/05

Date: 10 Jun 2005 03:08:32 -0700

Hi all,

ssh -L 9000:host2:23 test@host2
   -- this statement works and come back asking me to login the

telnet localhost 9000
   returns telnet:unable to connect to remote host:connection refused.

Anybody has any idea why port forwarding is not working?

I have set the sshd_config:
AllowTcpForwarding yes
GatewayPorts yes
X11Forwarding yes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how to substitute the remote login menu for the regular login text box in CDE.
    ... secondary and i type at the login prompt user1 for example, ... >> I want to disable the remote login and force the user to login through ... > you need to install ssh on the local machine and the remote machine. ... > make sure this xsession script is executable or it wont work. ...
  • Re: Terminal Services Setup/Flaw
    ... This still allows everyone to hit the TS Server but denies the login to ... Terminal Server with this user and then .rdp into another server on the ... I found the Remote ...
  • RE: Blocking VPN remote access to a user
    ... users unable RDP to their computer remotely and only allow local login. ... Click Remote tab, select Remote Users button, please remove the user ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
  • RE: Remote Desktop (vncviewer)? (WAS: Remote X server login)
    ... I have been working for some time on getting VNC to work properly (going ... Subject: Remote Desktop? ... connect my vncserver without problem. ... I've had it so I can login and start a few apps, ...
  • Exchange mobile device issue:
    ... I'm having an issue with Exchange server and remote logins from mobile ... users I have tried to login from remote devices. ...