Re: Working out a OS X 10.4 Tiger ssh implementation issue, slow logins

From: scott (newgeo_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/05/05

    Date: 5 Jun 2005 01:46:30 -0700

    Thank you Richard for your reply, I have to say, 70% of it is over my
    head.
    Since the main stall out seems to be at:
    debug3: Trying to reverse map address ip.add.re.ss.
    What exactly is it looking for in the reverse of the IP address? I
    know each of the 10 or so machines I am connectting to, so could I not
    just bypass DNS on this and put something in /etc/hosts?

    If so, that is an acceptable solution to me, but what do I put in
    there?

    Of course, the other options is to just use my recursive resolver, but
    I would rather not in this case. It seems Comcast's DNS is just being
    flakey and taking the bulk of the time to answer negatively, and ssh
    has to wait on those answers.

    I am not 100% keen on posting the tcp dump log here, is there a way I
    can get it to you off group? Would you by any chance have the time to
    take a look at it and break it out for me as to what is happening?

    Thanks again.