Re: ssh: without password/passphrase prompt

From: Joe Beasley (jbeasley_at_otaku.freeshell.org)
Date: 06/01/05

Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:41:24 +0000 (UTC)

You are logged into the windows machine as sgaedig. If you do not use -l,
windows sends the current username (sgaedig) and not root.

--
Joe Beasley
<spam bait>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: about local area networking
    ... You can share your files using samba which is most likely already ... As root, do: ... service smb start ... The windows machine would then be able to access it from nwindows ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: ssh: without password/passphrase prompt
    ... Are you root when you do this? ... unsuccessful first and successful second. ... In fact your name appears to be sgaedig ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Network card installation
    ... I am not talking abt the 'text login ... enter the root password. ... > Windows machine and transfer it to other PC. ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: How to allow root to use POP3 from local network?
    ... > do with why I can't use Mozilla running on a Windows machine to connect ... > POP3 server and read mail for any ordinary Linux user, just not root. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: root
    ... > administrator of my shared computer. ... I learned that root authority overides every ... to a Root account on a Windows machine. ...