Re: recursive ssh invocation

From: Unruh (unruh-spam_at_physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 05/28/05

    Date: 28 May 2005 18:09:32 GMT

    "Richard E. Silverman" <res@qoxp.net> writes:

    > BU> "Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)"

    > >> The relevant debug string looks to be:

    > >> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
    > >> gssapi-with-mic,password,keyboard-interactive debug1: Next
    > >> authentication method: gssapi-with-mic debug1: Delegating
    > >> credentials debug1: Miscellaneous failure No credentials cache
    > >> found

    >Post a complete debug trace for both succeeding and failing connections.
    >You may not be able to tell what's relevant.

    > BU> What is gssapi-with-mic? Which ssh are you using?

    >It's Kerberos with OpenSSH. These messages are normal and probably do not
    >indicate the real problem -- they always occur if OpenSSH is compiled with
    >Kerberos support, configured to use it, and the user doensn't have any
    >Kerberos credentials (e.g. on OS X).

    But that looks like he does NOT have publickey set up to be used between
    the computers. This makes it unlikely that this recursive procedure will work.
    (in fact it does not if there is no publickey valid method between machine1
    and machine2) It cannot ask for a password.

    >--
    > Richard Silverman
    > res@qoxp.net

    • Re: scp over several hops
      ... Richard E Silverman wrote: ... Some customers do not ... out-of-the-box on any Unix-system - YMMV. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: How to do an rm through ssh
      ... to invoke a subsystem rather than run a remote command. ... With this, you could use "ssh -s backups", and if the name of the backup ... Richard Silverman ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: X11 forwarding not working
      ... I was launching sshd through inetd. ... Richard Silverman ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SFTP Batch without key
      ... In article Richard E. Silverman ... > PH> If you have 'setsid' as a command on your OS, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)