Re: restricting ssh access

From: Chuck (skilover_nospam_at_softhome.net)
Date: 03/24/05

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:29:30 -0500

J.D. Baldwin wrote:
> In the previous article, Chuck <skilover_nospam@softhome.net> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to prevent ssh access to a user account while still
>>allowing sftp or scp file transfers?
>

> I have been doing this reliably with
>
> http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/
>
> for some months now. Great little tool and it even supports chroot.

I'm not sure I follow the author entirely but it looks like scponly
replaces the user's shell and that won't work in my situation. I still
need them to have normal shell access so long as the user first ssh's to
a different account and then su's to the account in question. I.E.
disable direct ssh access to the account but allow indirect shell access
via su.

Relevant Pages

  • restricting ssh access
    ... Is there a way to prevent ssh access to a user account while still allowing ... and have full shell access. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: restricting ssh access
    ... > Is there a way to prevent ssh access to a user account while still ... > sftp or scp file transfers? ... > and have full shell access. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: public key authentication
    ... On 2005-07-20, Richard E. Silverman wrote: ... You can then grant/deny SSH access without touching ... > denies access to any account not in the given groups. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • question about OpenSSH in cygwin
    ... I've succesfully installed openssh under cygwin. ... my own user account, which has a password now, has ssh access. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Windows Passwords
    ... "Windows Vista for Dummies" manual. ... I started by creating a test user account. ... The reason I say this is that, when I turned the Guest ...