Re: Disable password authentication

From: Darren Dunham (ddunham_at_redwood.taos.com)
Date: 02/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:06:07 GMT

Gyruss <gyruss@hushmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,

> Does openssh permit you to disable password authentication on a user-by-user
> basis or does it only support the system-wide setting in sshd_config,
> PasswordAuthentication (yes / no).

That would be "server-wide". You could run two servers (on different
ports) with different settings. The servers could explicitly allow or
deny particular users, such that a user would only have access to the
system via ssh and a non-password method.

Of course, most folks will only expect the server on port 22, and it's
difficult to send any useful message like: this isn't your server, go
try the one on port 2222.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com

  • Re: [opensuse] Remote upgrade problem
    ... All my remote sites have serial console servers connected. ... CCM840 8 port, dedicated local console ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Blocking attacks from spoofed IP addresses
    ... cause a _Self_ Denial Of Service attack. ... Defeating Denial of Service Attacks ... of our DMZ servers, and had source IPs from our public DNS servers. ... Web services are on your port 80 and/or 443, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • panic: page fault - 6.0-RELEASE-p7
    ... While we thought we had done enough testing, apparently we hadn't and are now experiencing panic's on a number of the servers. ... ppc0: parallel port not found. ... unknown: can't assign resources (memory) ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: panic: page fault - 6.0-RELEASE-p7 (now 6.1-RC2)
    ... While we thought we had done enough testing, apparently we hadn't and are now experiencing panic's on a number of the servers. ... It has shown that information before, and it has always been tcpserver from the ucspi-tcp-0.88_2 port. ... unknown: can't assign resources (memory) ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Is FreeBSD ready for desktop (Mozilla Flash)
    ... monitor,, somehow the install fails to detect ... "Macromedia Flash plugin is not available for FreeBSD. ... I quote again "Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. ... servers, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)