Re: Building OpenSSH 3.9p1 on Solaris 10

From: mikebo (google.20.m1k3b0_at_spamgourmet.com)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: 21 Feb 2005 15:31:16 -0800

> Where does your OpenSSL get its randoms from ?

>>From reading the documentation, it was my understanding that OpenSSL's
"configure" program would automatically check to see if there was
native kernel support for random devices (/dev/random, /dev/urandom,
etc) and, if so, use those as its source of randoms. If this isn't
true, what command line argument to "configure" should I use to force
it to use /dev/random, /dev/urandom, etc?

Either way, once OpenSSL is built, how can I tell if it's source of
randoms is working? (I've run "cat /dev/urandom > /tmp/test" for a few
seconds and I have a huge file of what appears to be random numbers.)
I've also run "make test" and all the tests appear to pass. Is there
some other way to test that this is working?

Thanks for any pointers!
- mikebo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Building OpenSSH 3.9p1 on Solaris 10
    ... > Where does your OpenSSL get its randoms from? ... native kernel support for random devices (/dev/random, /dev/urandom, ... etc) and, if so, use those as its source of randoms. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Building OpenSSH 3.9p1 on Solaris 10
    ... >> Where does your OpenSSL get its randoms from? ... >Either way, once OpenSSL is built, how can I tell if it's source of ... truss -o OR openssl genrsa ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Building OpenSSH 3.9p1 on Solaris 10
    ... >> Where does your OpenSSL get its randoms from? ... >Either way, once OpenSSL is built, how can I tell if it's source of ... truss -o OR openssl genrsa ...
    (comp.security.ssh)