Putty SSH connection with grabage characters

From: mguy (glenn.drucker_at_i-deal.com)
Date: 01/28/05

Date: 28 Jan 2005 13:47:03 -0800

I can establish an SSH connection using putty v.53b, send data without
any problems. (I am telneting to the server that runs putty) Since I
upgraded to putty v .55, the login works ok, but I am getting lots of
plus signs and question marks mixed in the data records being sent. Any
thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CORE-2004-0705: Vulnerabilities in PuTTY and PSCP
    ... difficult to exploit w/o modifying source for an ssl server. ... packets, got hexdumps of the packets, wrote a prog to pretend to be an ssl ... or build packets with the ssl functions used in putty.. ... Vulnerabilities in PuTTY and PSCP ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
    ... I'm installing my fall-back server, ... PuTTY, PuTTY keeps failing mentioning something like 'host key check ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
    ... Now, I want to be able to access it using SSH (PuTTY, most often) from anywhere in the world, and hence would like to enable password authentication in SSH again. ... Therefore, I used the same /etc/ssh/sshd_config as on my live server, where this works fine. ... I recall having had this issue before, and I *think* the resolution was to enable PAM authentication or so outside of /etc/ssh/sshd_config. ... # Kerberos options ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • PuTTY suddenly stopped working (WinXPsp2 to FreeBSD5.4)
    ... assumption is that the problem is on the Client machine. ... On the Server ... ... Open a PuTTY session and I am prompted for a username. ... Event Log: Writing new session log to file: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)