File xfer using PSCP from PuTTY 0.54- performance drop

From: Doug (usenet3_at_watchout4snakes.com)
Date: 01/20/05

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:37:06 -0500

I use PSCP from PuTTY 0.54 to move a very large file between 2 servers
every night. The source server is in my company, and the target server
belongs to a different company that processes the file for us.
Recently, the transfer times have been much longer- almost double.

As far as I know, no config changes have been made to our server or
our network. The target server's company say they haven't made any
changes either.

Any ideas on what might have caused the slowdown? I realize that,
going across the internet, the problem might be due to factors outside
our control. Also, this is just a temporary process- we'll have a
better network connection eventually.

Thanks!

-------
Doug Happel
usenet3-A~T-watchout4snakes-D-O~T-com@nospam.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 2nd Domain in a 2 domain forest cannot be contacted
    ... Connecting to directory service on server qpidc03. ... Replication Site Latency Check ... * Performing upstream analysis. ... Performing downstream (of target) analysis. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: DNS Nightmare - Cant create forward zone
    ... the server "tempsvr.mydomain.net" object. ... Verifying that the local machine ag-dbsvr, ... The replication generated an error: ... Performing downstream (of target) analysis. ...
  • Re: DNS Nightmare - Cant create forward zone
    ... Verifying that the local machine ag-dbsvr, ... Connecting to directory service on server ag-dbsvr. ... The replication generated an error: ... Performing downstream (of target) analysis. ...
  • Re: replication failed access denied
    ... and the server having the problem can't get changes from the DC. ... The target name used was. ... Replication Site Latency Check ... Performing upstream analysis. ...
  • Re: User Creation problem in AD
    ... Testing server: SMS-456\XX-DC1 ... Performing upstream analysis. ... Performing downstream (of target) analysis. ... Analyzing the alive system replication topology for ...