Re: Trying to install Openssh on suse 9.0 - a sorry tale

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 01/17/05

Date: 17 Jan 2005 00:06:03 GMT

In article <m24qhis8uo.fsf@darwin.oankali.net>,
Richard E. Silverman <res@qoxp.net> wrote:

> KF> 2) I have recently taken out a subscription with the anonymizer
> KF> with a SSH account. The above works ok with anonymizer and I am
> KF> able to tunnel into their server. However, openssh-3.7.1p2 uses
> KF> ssh1 only.
>
>This is incorrect; OpenSSH has supported SSH-2 since long before that
>version. Just try ssh -2.

You can also check your OpenSSH config files (eg ~/.ssh/config,
/usr/local/etc/ssh_config, /etc/ssh/ssh_config) for the "Protocol"
directive which determines which protocols are tried and in what order
(see the ssh_config(5) man page for details).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages