Re: key_read: missing keytype

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 01/10/05

Date: 10 Jan 2005 11:18:08 GMT

In article <pgqEd.52416$Ew6.18882@twister.socal.rr.com>,
TJ Talluto <tj@getlostspammers.com> wrote:
>Additionally, the logfiles indicated that my sshd doesn't check this
>directory at all:
>/home/myuserX/.ssh2

ssh.com's ssh2 software (I think they're calling it "Tectia" nowdays)
uses that directory but OpenSSH doesn't.

>So, I moved the converted key to
>/home/myuserX/.ssh/authorized_keys2
>
>I used "authorized_keys2" because this key, unlike the linux generated keys,
>didn't include a user@host identifier... Probably not necessary to
>separate it, but for sanity maybe?!

authorized_keys2 is deprecated but is still checked for backwards
compatibility.

The user@host is just a comment, it's not mandatory. You can set them to
whatever you -C option at generation time.

>Thanks very much!

You're welcome.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)