Re: key_read: missing keytype

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 01/10/05

Date: 10 Jan 2005 11:18:08 GMT

In article <pgqEd.52416$Ew6.18882@twister.socal.rr.com>,
TJ Talluto <tj@getlostspammers.com> wrote:
>Additionally, the logfiles indicated that my sshd doesn't check this
>directory at all:
>/home/myuserX/.ssh2

ssh.com's ssh2 software (I think they're calling it "Tectia" nowdays)
uses that directory but OpenSSH doesn't.

>So, I moved the converted key to
>/home/myuserX/.ssh/authorized_keys2
>
>I used "authorized_keys2" because this key, unlike the linux generated keys,
>didn't include a user@host identifier... Probably not necessary to
>separate it, but for sanity maybe?!

authorized_keys2 is deprecated but is still checked for backwards
compatibility.

The user@host is just a comment, it's not mandatory. You can set them to
whatever you -C option at generation time.

>Thanks very much!

You're welcome.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I got problems with sshd - openssh_4.0
    ... >> When I built the latest openssh and openssl and started sshd, ... Still got a bunch of strange errors when running sshd with strace. ... Thx again. ... > Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: rc.openssh fails with error
    ... >sshd is not running so i start the script rc.openssh i get the ... OpenSSH's sshd will use setauthdb if it's found ... It is likely that your OpenSSH package was compiled on a system that has ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Very slow login on high load
    ... >When the machine I am trying to log on to is under a very high load, ... There's some other things you can do to speed up logins with OpenSSH: ... You can increase the priority of sshd but be aware that this may make it ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: login information and ssh
    ... [users ssh'ing not showing up in "who"] ... if your sshd was compiled on 4.x then it will not correctly ... Note that this will probably affect any ssh daemon, not just OpenSSH. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: tcsetpgrp()
    ... Which SSH implementation and version thereof are you running? ... On QNX the pty allocation process apparently ... In the next release of OpenSSH, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)