Re: plink truncates command?

From: Ben Harris (bjharris_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 01/08/05

    Date: 08 Jan 2005 14:27:57 +0000 (GMT)

    In article <5616518c.0501061030.63f59361@posting.google.com>,
    JimmyL <gee_hell@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >when I execute a remote command with plink (from putty), my command
    >line is sent truncated to the remote machine (the max length seems to
    >be 226 characters).
    >However, nothing in plink source code seems to limit the length of the
    >command to send...

    My guess is that Windows has some limit on the length of command line it's
    willing to pass to Plink in the first place. You can probably work around
    this using the "-m" option. See
    <http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.56/htmldoc/Chapter7.html#S7.2> for
    (minimal) details.

    --
    Ben Harris

    • plink 0.60 ignoring command options for hostname and username.
      ... with Cygwin and full PuTTy package loaded. ... I tried the same thing using hostname, but plink wants to look up ... the command intelligently. ... Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Plink logging?
      ... tell Plink to use that, as described in the PuTTY FAQ: ... A.6.5 How do I use all PuTTY's features (public keys, proxying, ... Not all features are accessible from the command line yet, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Putty (plink) causes zombie process while executing a command
      ... > I'm trying to execute a command on my Sarge box using plink on ... > But instead of listing my home directory in my dos box, ... Do you have similar problems when you use putty itself instead of plink ...
      (Debian-User)
    • plink truncates command?
      ... when I execute a remote command with plink, ... line is sent truncated to the remote machine (the max length seems to ... nothing in plink source code seems to limit the length of the ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • problem with plink and remote command
      ... i've got a problem with the plink command. ... i would like to connect to a linux server with ssh, from a windows client with plink, and after use vnc. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)