Re: scp works on command line, fails in cron

From: Richard E. Silverman (res_at_qoxp.net)
Date: 01/05/05

Date: 05 Jan 2005 10:13:14 -0500

> Chuck, you nailed it!
> The first line of my script now sources in my .profile and it finally
> works from cron!
>
> Thanks so much for all the input!
> Hopeflly we all learned something here, I know I did!

If you found out what was in your .profile that made the difference and
told us, we might learn something; as it is, no, we haven't.

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: More before-the-fact advice for 2K and XP?
    ... long-term with a profile without execute granted, ... we can consider changing these in a login script. ... if you can script the permissions change in a login ... >> You're interested in using NTFS file ACLs and GP ACL templates to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Modify Profile paths and user directory in mass.
    ... Windows Server MVP - Directory Services ... user account has a home directory or a server based profile, ... doing some kind of script based query which returns and then edits ... changetype: add ...
  • Re: Open to suggestions
    ... My intention is to have a script that will query the AD profile attribute ... Perhaps you can pass credentials to an ADO connection ... ' Construct the ADO query, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Funny if-condition in the root profile
    ... > in the root profile, I create a little script.sh like ... If I put it in the root crontab, the script ... > Why in that case cron can launch reading the .profile without being ... Are you absolutely sure that .profile got executed under cron? ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Modify Profile paths and user directory in mass.
    ... There's a free GUI tool from Microsoft called ADModify.Net that you could ... user account has a home directory or a server based profile, ... doing some kind of script based query which returns and then edits ... changetype: add ...