Re: scp works on command line, fails in cron

tonij67_at_hotmail.com
Date: 01/05/05

Date: 5 Jan 2005 07:03:19 -0800

Chuck, you nailed it!

The first line of my script now sources in my .profile and it finally
works from cron!

Thanks so much for all the input!
Hopeflly we all learned something here, I know I did!

:)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Funny if-condition in the root profile
    ... > in the root profile, I create a little script.sh like ... If I put it in the root crontab, the script ... > Why in that case cron can launch reading the .profile without being ... Are you absolutely sure that .profile got executed under cron? ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Cron Problem
    ... > I trying to run a cron job that I created as ksh script but cron looks like ... when I run my cron script the first thing ... > I do is run the .profile command to have the proper environment variables. ... one * too many in your crontab file, so the CMD starts with *. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: scp works on command line, fails in cron
    ... |>The first line of my script now sources in my .profile and it finally ... |>works from cron! ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Separate user timezones for cron, possible?
    ... the TZ variable for each user in thier .profile and then make sure your ... script runs the .profile for each specific user before doing its ... Cron by default runs a very limited environment so you have to force it ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: script wont execute from cron, but will from command line
    ... > script owner home directory and copy the PATH to your script. ... It just won't execute from the cron. ... I've put the entire contents of my .profile into the script, ... I restarted the cron process on the AIX box, ...
    (comp.unix.aix)