AllowUsers/Deny Users Question

From: J Smith (jsmith665_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/05/05

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:01:09 -0500

We have an internal server running F-Secure v5.0.1 with TCP Wrappers.
We currently allow all defined user accounts to connect using either
public key or password authentication, while all software admin
accounts are currently blocked, via a DenyUsers directive in
sshd2_config.

We now have a need to allow one of the software admin accounts, from
one specific server only, to connect. The only way that we have
gotten that to work is to explicitly list each user (or an equivalent
regex), including the software admin account, via several AllowUsers
directives.

Is there an easier way to do this? While it does work, maintaining
the AllowUsers directives is inconvenient (and seems somewhat of a
kludge as well).

A (very) small sample of the AllowUsers directives follows. Any help
will be appreciated.

-------------------

AllowUsers u[[:digit:]]{6}[[:alpha:]]?@.*
AllowUsers admin@172.16.0.1

Relevant Pages

  • Re: UserAccountControl Attribute
    ... specific user objects (enabled user accounts) that appear to be missing those ... How can I view the attributes of the user objects in question? ... foreach (string parameter in Parameters) ...
  • Re: Export/import of computer accounts
    ... DNS name of the domain: ... I create the same computer accounts which were in the Active ... I'm going to make a comparison with the user accounts. ... You can install Active Directory on another computer and specify that it is ...
  • Re: Access 2003 application with MSDE backend connection error in
    ... I'm trying to create a connection using my deployed application. ... >> our internal network where the MSDE database is installed. ... >> the necessary user accounts to it. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
  • Re: New business: many questions (mostly on topic...)
    ... I shall probably be leaving Entourage behind for Mail or Eudora. ... That's where you can manage your website, email accounts (via webmail ... or as an IMAP server), other user accounts, ... You also asked about Mac project management software. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: User accounts gone help needes
    ... the existing install and registry are sufficiently damaged. ... If the accounts aren't listed, they weren't created and don't exist. ... The problem is I can not create any new user accounts. ...