Re: passing password to ssh on command line

nobody_at_nodomain.invalid
Date: 12/15/04

    Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:27:22 +0200

    Michael McGarry wrote:

    > Is there a way to give the password to ssh as a command line argument?

    SSH Tectia Client (from version 4.2 onwards) offers a possibility to use
    password authentication without any user interaction. The password can
    be entered directly on the command line or it can be read from a
    password file. Reading the password from a file is recommended.

    See KB article #13575 at http://support.ssh.com for more information.

    • Re: How is the root password stolen?
      ... difference between euid and uid (efective user id and real user id). ... Try editing the password file with vipw. ... When have run ".superdude" try using the 'id' command and see what ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: [opensuse] SuSE11 lppasswd -a -g sys root, access denied
      ... when giving the above command as root, it says access to password file ... I'm root...at the very local console! ... lppasswd is suid lp, so it doesn't really matter which user you're logged in as. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: passwords
      ... I created the .pine-passfile. ...  I have tried a couple of versions of alpine with the ... If you passed the previous test, then you can run the command ... now that you have an empty file, you can use it for password file as ...
      (comp.mail.pine)
    • Re: process accounting
      ... translate into a separate command. ... but i've read the password file nonetheless. ... Mark Smith ... mark at tux dot org ...
      (Focus-Linux)