Re: sftp problems with 3.9 on HP

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 09/04/04

    Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 04:56:36 +0000 (UTC)

    In article <a9042b00.0409020941.54c493e6@posting.google.com>,
    Dan Oviatt <oviattd@mont.disa.mil> wrote:
    >I have started compiling 3.9 on my systems and I notice when testing
    >it on an HP11 compiled with pam and with UsePam set to yes and
    >ChallengeResponseAuthentication also set to yes that ssh connects just
    >fine but when I sftp to the system I get disconnected right after
    >entering the passowrd. Here is the sftp -v -v -v output from right
    >after printing out the banner:

    You might get more info by running the server in debug mode. Also,
    compare:
    $ ssh -v -s sshserver sftp
    with
    $ ssh -v sshserver /path/to/sftp-server

    My guess is that one of the shared libraries that sftp-server is linked
    against is not in the system's default library search path (ie
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH or its equivalant on HP-UX). If that's the case you
    should get some kind of error out of the latter command.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: need rhosts rsa help
      ... >I'm having problems getting RhostsRSAAuthentication working on OpenSSH ... It appears from the client log that it's not even attempting ... Since you're using SSHv1 you need to make the "ssh" binary setuid root ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: 5.2p1 no longer sets DISPLAY
      ... client ssh is still 3.9p1 and sshd_config is the same). ... what's happening is that the OS is asked for a list of addresses for localhost and is returning a list that includes the inet6 address, however attempting to bind to it fails. ... Previously sshd would ignore this failure, but that allows third parties to bind to inet6 ports in the X11 forwarding range and potentially hijack X connections. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: SSH Advice
      ... Documentation seems a little scarce so any advice, tips, links, ... but that's still a compatibility layer. ... free native SSH servers for Windows. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Restrict account to scp only to user directory.
      ... Although they can't rename anything. ... command over ssh the way it's setup. ... > Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)