Re: native port of sshd for windows

From: Darren Dunham (ddunham_at_redwood.taos.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:29:25 GMT

    buildmorelines <bulk88@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Does a native port of SSHD (the server, there are enough clients than
    > my fingers)for windows 2000 exist? I am trying to encrypt realvnc. I
    > dont want to use the cygwin one because its just to complicated to
    > work with since its running inside a emulated unix command prompt. I
    > would like a native port of SSHD, I can deal with a dos command line,
    > a GUI would be helpful. Any free or pay products like I described
    > exist?

    You can run the cygwin sshd from a DOS/command shell line rather than
    from within cygwin, you just have to have the cygwin DLL in the path
    when you do so.

    At home, I had it running on Windows ME by having a BAT file launch it
    in a startup folder.

    XP/2000 is even easier because you run one script and it sets it going
    as a service. Then you start/stop it from the normal services panel.

    Finally, I haven't tried it, but someone pointed me at this a few months
    ago. It's a "slimmed down" version of openssh. However, it's
    apparantly still got cygwin underneath.

    http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

    I don't know of any native windows servers.

    --
    Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com