Re: openssh + putty interoperability

From: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer (mickey_at_tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de)
Date: 08/03/04

Date: 3 Aug 2004 19:08:32 GMT

Jacob Nevins <jacobn@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I don't understand your subject line. You say you've switched _from_
> OpenSSH to a combination of Dropbear (presumably server) and PuTTY
> (presumably client); so where does OpenSSH come into the question?

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Let's try again:

 [ A ] <------> [ B ]

 Two machines: A and B.

 Machine A runs a standard Linux distribution
 with OpenSSH client and server.

 Machine B runs an OpenEmbedded based Linux distribution
 with dropbear as server and putty as client.

Calling scp (in fact, pscp) on the commandline of machine B works fine
to copy files in either direction.

Calling scp on the commandline of machine A always results in returning
"scp: unknown option -t" which is the error message generated on machine B.

> `-t' appears to be an internal option to the SCP server-side process
> invoked as part of the SCP "protocol" for transfers from client to
> server (`-f' is the corresponding internal option for server-to-client
> transfers).

I see. So it's the scp part of putty which needs to be fixed to work with
"-t" ?

Regards,

:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358 Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie