Re: ssh to non-standard port failed

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 07/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:44:05 +0000 (UTC)

In article <ceahkh$173f$1@news.hgc.com.hk>, wonder <dreams@to.com> wrote:
>I m not able to ssh to a non-standard port 2222 on a remote host.
>Port 2222 on a remote host is configured to be forwarded to an internal
>server on port 22 (a standard port of sshd).

The "Connection refused" errror below indicates either a) the port
forwarding is incorrectly configured (or not configured at all) or
b) the machine it's forwarded to is not running sshd on port 22.

>ssh: connect to host a.b.c.d port 2222: Connection refused
>
>What can I do to fix this issue?

Fix your port forwarding or start sshd on the host.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... Not having experience with that router, I can't be sure what limits it ... "default forwarding IP", although it is an option on many. ... I understand that exposing a port exposes any service ... Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... Not having experience with that router, I can't be sure what limits it ... "default forwarding IP", although it is an option on many. ... that listens on that port. ... Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Openssh Port Forwarding Confusion
    ... >Now for my Port forwarding question. ... So far what I have extracted about ssh port ... You connect to a port on the SSH client. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH 3.4p1 port forwarding problem
    ... > I am attempting to setup port forwarding of port 1680 over the SSH ... The connection has been closed." ... > debug: Entering interactive session. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: simple Network Bridge?
    ... > 1) port forwarding is telling your server which service is being delivered ... Bridging is to connect two Ethernet Segments of the same LAN. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)