ssh to non-standard port failed

From: wonder (dreams_at_to.com)
Date: 07/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:29:01 +0800

Hi,

I m not able to ssh to a non-standard port 2222 on a remote host.
Port 2222 on a remote host is configured to be forwarded to an internal
server on port 22 (a standard port of sshd).
I got the following error:

root@fbsd [4:38pm] [/etc/ssh]# ssh a.b.c.d -p 2222
ssh: connect to host a.b.c.d port 2222: Connection refused

What can I do to fix this issue? so that I can ssh to a non-standard
port on the remote openbsd box which forward the incoming traffic from
port 2222 to the remote internal server on port 22?

thanks
sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH through wireless router
    ... When you say that I should try ssh ... Connection closed by remote host ... When I went to sshd to port 2222: ... debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How do I port forward through 2 remote hosts?
    ... You gave a port number. ... desktop to a remote host for many years. ... I have read through the SSH FAQ which did nothing to help me ... loss to understand what remote forwardings (as opposed to local ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • SCP via SSH tunnel works, then not, then works again
    ... I am using SSH to perform local port forwarding from my local machine ... to a remote machine behind a firewall at a remote site ... back to remote host RA, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: SSH port forwarding not working?
    ... Assume that you have user 'vncuser' on a remote host, ... -L sets up a dummy listening port on localhost,which in this case 5801, ... I seem to encrypt the session it doesn't work. ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Python socket wont connect on Windows
    ... On the remote host in a LAN there is a server listening on port 2020. ... Python 2.6.2 on Linux 2.6.31-rc3 on the server side ... Using alternative software on the client side. ...
    (comp.lang.python)